We are pleased to share the Independent Schools Inspectorate’s (ISI) report following their most recent visit to Tudor Hall in January 2022 during which they conducted a FOCUSED COMPLIANCE INSPECTION and an EDUCATIONAL QUALITY INSPECTION.
The first part of the inspection looked at the school’s compliance with the independent school standards, including the National Minimum Standards for Boarding. Judgements in the 8 areas comprising this part of the report are given as either met or not met.
The key findings for the Focused Compliance Inspection are:
2.1 The school meets the standards in the schedule to the Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014, the National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools 2015, and associated requirements and no further action is required as a result of this inspection.
The second part of the inspection looked at the educational quality of the school and focuses on two key outcomes:
- The achievements of the pupils, including their academic development, and
- The personal development of the pupils.
Tudor was awarded the highest grading of ‘excellent’ for both sections.
The key findings of Educational Quality Inspection are as follows:
3.1 The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils make very rapid progress in their attainment from entry to GCSE and achieve well at A Level.
- Pupils of all ages have excellent attitudes to learning, aspiring highly, contributing enthusiastically in lessons and working very conscientiously in and out of class.
- Pupils enthusiastically participate and achieve well in a very wide range of academic and non-academic activities.
- Pupils demonstrate outstanding communication skills.
3.2 The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils have strongly developed self-confidence, self-awareness and leadership skills.
- Pupils exhibit excellent social skills which they use to collaborate effectively.
- Pupils demonstrate a strong awareness of personal responsibility and an excellent understanding of what they need to do in order to stay safe.
- Pupils’ commitment to working and raising money for a wide range of good causes is outstanding.
Read the full findings of individual inspections below: